A Veteran-Owned Enterprise since 1963
Plain and simple, our clients don't like surprises. Bringing Pletz Construction into the picture for pre-construction allows our clients to make informed decisions based on accurate information. By becoming involved prior to or during the design process, we are able to extend our expertise to address constructability issues, thereby keeping the project's design within your target budget. These services include:
• Coordination with the various regulatory agencies that affect project development and approval, along with assistance in the preparation, submittal, and filing of all applications to these agencies.
• Definition of required A/E services and the subsequent solicitation, negotiation, engagement, monitoring, and coordination of the activities of design consultants.
• Project scheduling, including the scheduling of all design, pre-construction and owner activities.
• Project budgeting at conceptual, schematic, and design-development stages, including the budgeting of all non-construction project costs.
• Evaluation of construction logistics and phasing, along with assistance in the definition of project general requirements for construction bid documents.
• Value engineering and cost comparisons for alternate systems and materials.
• Constructability review of design documents at all stages of design.
• Identification of long-lead material, equipment, and owner-furnished items.
• Identification and solicitation of pre-qualified bidders.
Why do clients select Pletz Construction to provide Construction Management (CM) services? It's all about trust, and selecting our firm based on expertise, qualifications, and track record. Although Construction Management is not new to our industry, clients often have difficulty grasping the concept of what used to be considered a non-traditional method of delivery. It is most appropriately described as a true partnership, where the client is much more in tune and aware of all the behind-the-scene activities. Pletz offers options in both Pure CM (advisory role) and Construction-Manager-At Risk (CMAR).
Moreover referred to as the more traditional Design/Bid/Build method of contracting, Pletz Construction remains active and competitive as a General Contractor. Throughout the region, we boast a reputation for building efficiently, economically, and to the highest levels of quality. To that, we continue to maintain one of the highest safety ratings in the industry. All of that manifests into a repeat client base of 80%.
Design-Build (DB) affords our clients a single point of contact for both design and construction of their project.In most cases, construction is able to kick off sooner and leads to a quicker overall delivery. As the design is developed, Pletz is busy honing the budget and streamlining the project schedule. Our ability to look ahead in this process reduces the potential for change orders and results in overall cost savings to our clients.
In these trying economical times, some clients need a little boost to kick start their projects. While Pletz Construction does not serve in the capacity of a direct lender, we maintain close relationships with private lenders and other non traditional financing sources eager to fund certain types of projects. The ability to successfully match our clients with potential lenders is just another attention to detail that Pletz Construction takes great pride in.
By virtue of our reputation, Pletz Construction is often targeted by public sector authorities to partner towards development and construction of publically owned assets. The ability to offer a turnkey solution makes Pletz a logical choice. We welcome future PPP opportunities with local and regional governments and agencies.